Monday 31 December 2012

New Year, New Gear

Yes I am rinsing that phrase because I LOVE IT. Happy New Year's Eve!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days but I've been busy with things I won't bore you about. LIKE SHOPPING. My mum and I seem to have formed some sort of tradition of going to St Albans every year for post-Christmas sales. Personally, I cannae be bothered with going up to London (don't even suggest Luton) which is always rammed, stressful and a little disappointing. St Albans is outdoors, usually quiet, all the shops are very close together and I'm usually impressed with the sale stuff.

Monkee Genes reduced to £30 from £60 - Earley's Boutique, Polka Dot Trousers reduced to £20 from £38 - Topshop

A) I've been desperate for a decent pair of skinny jeans for a while now, and had heard many good things about Monkee Genes. Made In Chelsea's Millie Mackintosh and many other celebrities have tweeted their love of their Monkee Genes, saying they're a great fit and do wonders for your figure, so I thought I'd try them on and see what all the hype was about. The celebs do not exaggerate. The things these jeans were doing to my legs, I can't even write about. Easily the most comfortable and equally flattering jeans I've ever tried on, even if I do say so myself. Admittedly this is an awful photo and they look like a bog standard pair of black skinnies but the material is completely different to past pairs of jeans I've owned and they don't sag around the ankle either.
B) I've realised recently that, besides jeans, I don't own any nice trousers. So I bought some nice trousers.

Suede drawstring bag - £28 Topshop, woolly cardigan reduced to £25 - Earley's Boutique, basic black vest £10 - Topshop, brown leather boots reduced to £35 from £85 - River Island.

I don't have anything to say about these apart from that the boots were an absolute bargain. I'm not a huge fan of River Island's clothes but their shoe sale was great.

Erm, and here's a photo of me wearing a hat I got in H&M and new coral lipstick.

I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of Earley's Boutique, but it's a hidden treasure trove of smart, fashionable women's clothes, selling brands such as Vero Moda, Darling, French Connection, Monkee Genes, Moda In Pelle shoes and jewellery from Paul & Joe and Big Metal. It's a bit hidden from the main part of St Albans, but it's a few doors down from Starbucks. This is what it looks like:


There's loads of stuff reduced to half price at the moment so get down there.

Bises,

Riona

2 comments:

  1. You got some great bits and sounds like you had a really good time shopping :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...