Monday 24 December 2012

Joyeux Noël!

I'm on a roll with the blog posts recently. I figured I haven't really written anything about Christmas so for anyone who cares (no one), here's what I've been up to in the last few days...

I went into town purely in search of a Christmas jumper and this is what I bought:

Christmas jumper, Peacocks... I looked in so many shops and strangely enough thought Peacocks had the best selection.

A few of us went down to Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland on the Friday which was fun. I really wanted to go ice skating but, being me, left booking til the day before and, surprise surprise, it was all booked out. I won't bombard you with photos as I took loads, so here's a few...

Christmas lights on Oxford Street and Hannah and Ellie tucking into their German sausage...

Ellie, Hannah and I

Hannah being adorbz.

Some really cute Indian elephants I picked up in the Winter Wonderland Christmas market for a fiver, who are now hanging on the coat stand in my bedroom.

If you visit Winter Wonderland, be sure to try the mulled wine with Amaretto and their candied walnuts. It's kinda overpriced but IT'S CHRISTMASLAND, 'tis the season and all that. After leaving Hyde Park, we wandered along Oxford Street, went into Topshop and Selfridges (obvs) where I picked up some Pierre Hermé macarons for my Nan. As overpriced as macarons are (cheapest gift set option is £15 for 7), I'd be pretty happy with these scrumptious Parisian delicacies as a Christmas present. The box and bag they come in are also gorgeous, making them a very ideal present for those friends/relatives who like the finer things in life...


After coming out of Selfridges we only saw DANNY  BOYLE walk past us!!! Tiya and I tried to run after him but lost him in the crowd. Pretty cool moment though.

Saturday and Sunday I was working, then today I was doing standard Christmas Eve things, such as wrapping these gifts...

Yes, including my dog Sweep.

I've come to accept that gift wrapping itself is a gift. A gift that I was not born with. So apologies, anyone whose present looks like it's been vommed over by Card Factory.

Making trifles with Mama.

And to round it off here's a photo of my nice festive lounge which, bar the Christmas tree and mantle piece leaf decoration, pretty much looks that festive all year round. Macauley Culkin on the TV screen is also a permanent fixture.


Aw, how cute. I just got in from Christmas Eve mass like the good ol' Catholic I am (I go on Easter and Christmas) and had some cocktails with Ma like the sophisticates we are. ........

Here's a refreshing minty cocktail that's easy to make and ALWAYS pleases:

The Mojito


You can get the recipe here.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Christmas doesn't start until Millie slaps Spencer round the face on Made In Chelsea's Christmas special tonight, which is like right now.

Have a good Christmas! You probably won't hear from me until after Boxing Day because of all the festivities and *sigh*  work...

Bises,

Riona

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...