Thursday 24 April 2014

Edinburgh Charity Fashion Show: What I Wore

If you didn't gather from my glowing review of ECFS this year, I really did have an incredible time. The event itself was pulled off effortlessly by the student team, and raised an incredible £20,000 for WaterAid, which, despite all the glamour and debauchery of the evening, is the true meaning of the entire campaign.

I decided to wear an outfit I've donned (and blogged about) before, my Forever Unique black Jules jumpsuit, a stylish, comfortable and incredibly versatile outfit.

Emily, myself, Vic (flatmates)

Not a great photo admittedly, I'll have to search for some more. I wore it with my black and gold peep toe ASOS wedges, which they no longer sell. My glasses (not an accessory, I wear them all the time as I'm practically blind) are from Gok Wan's range GW, and are a subtle tortoise shell print.

I teamed the ensemble with a neon yellow mini satchel from River Island to add a pop of colour to the outfit, also a practical choice to save me carrying the press pack around all night! Emily (left) had a similar idea colour-wise and paired her all black outfit with an oversized neon pink River Island envelope clutch.

And of course, the ultimate accessory to top it off - a press pass.

We headed out to the after party at the Mash House (once of my favourite Edinburgh venues) once the show had ended on a high, IE the audience dancing on stage. All three of our outfits worked well for the show - after party transition.

I recently applied to the ECFS 2015 committee and after a successful application have an interview soon... It's an event I'd love to be a part of.

Whatever the outcome, the 2015 committee will certainly have a task on their hands trying to beat this year's show!

Bises,

Riona

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...