Friday 9 August 2013

Budapest: Day 2

After waking up feeling suitably rough after our first night, there was nowhere we wanted to be more than Budapest's famed thermal baths. We bought the tickets from our hostel for the equivalent of about £13. I'd recommend buying it through your hostel if you can because it's A) cheaper (the cheapest online option is 18 euros) and B) you can skip the queue when you get there.

There are several thermal baths and spas in Budapest but we chose to go to the Szechenyi baths, which have two outdoor pools, an outdoor thermal pool and several pools, jacuzzis and a spa inside. There are different packages depending on what you want.





LUNCH:




When I asked for watermelon I was expecting a slice. Instead, I was handed a third of a watermelon. It was all bought from the onsite buffet and lunch will probably cost you the equivalent of £4/5.



Kimono - River Island; Bikini - JD; Shoes - Primark

We lounged around for 6 hours, either in the pools or sleeping next to them, and I can safely say I've never been so relaxed in my life. A must in Budapest.

After wandering back to the hostel, getting changed and dipping in and out of a few bars, we hijacked our pub crawl and went to INSTANT, which is more of a Ruin Club. Unfortunately I have no photos (or no decent ones...) so, apart from the first one, here are some I've stolen:




A Pumba shaped disco ball? I'm there.


We went on a Tuesday night and it was absolutely packed. With four bars and a dancefloor, but also doubling up in the daytime as a café and art gallery, this has to be one of the coolest places in Budapest, and completely different to anything I've seen/heard of in England. Or anywhere else. 


Bises,

Riona

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...