Wednesday 20 February 2013

London Fashion Week As A Nobody // Street Style

As I mentioned in my last post, I headed up to Somerset House yesterday as well to soak up the last of the Fashion Week vibes and take some (hopefully) half decent street style photos for the blog. I would have posted last night but had to rush back from London as I had work at 6 and let me tell you, going straight from the glamour of Fashion Week and being asked for your photo to your part time waitressing job is quite the drop back to reality. So here you go:
















Guerrilla Fashion Show







The designers of the spontaneous show







I can't decide if this man was ridiculously chic or just plain ridiculous.



My laughable attempt at a serious fashion photo

Lunch avec Maman

As much as I wish I could say I was going back up for London Fashion Weekend this weekend, I didn't order tickets in time and have already spent a depressing amount of money on train fares this week. Which brings me to my next point:

How To Survive LFW As A Nobody...
  • Bring Sunglasses | Even if it's not sunny, trust me, everyone will be wearing them. Most people were wearing keyhole or cat eye sunglasses and ASOS have a great selection that won't break the bank:
       


  • Don't Wear Flats | This isn't necessarily true, but you will be the smallest person there.
  • Don't Wear Stilettos | As ridiculous as most of  the people dress, you WILL look like you're trying too hard. Plus stilettos + cobbles = not chic. It will just equal pain and staggering.
  • Appear As If You Have A Purpose | You don't want to look lost, people will just pity you. Basically, bring a Canon DSLR (no other camera brand will do) and no one will question you. If you have a blog, no matter how amateur, print off business cards so you look a little less suspicious when people ask what you're going to do with the photos you just took of them.
  • Don't Try To Get Into A Show | Just don't do it. It won't happen. People will snigger. The 'Visitors' section of Somerset House is very misleading and yes, I speak from experience.
Even if you have no purpose, if you're into fashion it's well worth heading down just to soak it all up and pretend to be important. Will you be heading down in September?

Bises,

Riona

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...