Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year's Eve

I realise I'm very late putting this up but just haven't had the time to do it any sooner, I do apologise. I love New Year's Eve; I love the countdown, the dressing up, the anticipation of a new year, the party poppers, the champagne. I mentioned in another post that my family were throwing a party, mainly revolving around Chinese food and cocktails, and I had some friends round to join in the celebrations. I mainly took photos with my phone, so they're not great, but here you go...



Rhiannon and I (check out her blog)

My outfit for the night, dress and heels both from ASOS

My dad set up a little cocktail bar complete with menus, most of which were recipes I found on Pinterest (check out my Drinks board).

The mint leaves were used up pretty quickly so the mojitos were 'sold out'...

The party didn't end til 5am and finished with the classic sight of the last men standing around the table singing 'Show Me The Way To Go Home'. So all in all a good night! Besides work,  all New Year's Day consisted of was leftover Chinese whilst watching Series 1 of Gossip Girl of bed... January exams? What January exams?

I'm not a 'New Year New Me' person (how much can you change in the split second changeover from one year to another?) but I can't help but feel motivated in January. Something I'm determined to do this year is keep a 'Good Year' jar, where every time something good happens to you, you write it on a scrap of paper and put it in the jar. Then at the end of the year, you tip them all out and remember all the good things that happened to you that year. I know it's very Tumblr, but it's a good idea because we tend to only remember the bad things or the really, really good things like going on holiday etc, forgetting the smaller good things in between. I didn't feel like I achieved a huge amount last year, so hopefully this will help me a bit this year.

Bises,

Riona

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...